This Series of posts would be to cover internals of Sybase ASE.
Once we understand the internals we would start with installation, then basic administration and finally performance tuning & troubleshooting.
The list of articles on Sybase posted on this blog would also be linked below:-
- Sybase ASE – Take backup for Cross-Platform Load in Quiescent State
- Sybase ASE – Read a dumpfile with headeronly
- Sybase ASE – Load Database from a Cross-Platform Dump File using sp_post_xpload
- Sybase ASE – Dump/Load a database to/from multiple stripes
- Sybase ASE – Changing Existing Database Device from ‘dsync’ to ‘directio’
- Sybase ASE – Rename a Database
- Sybase ASE – Extending an Existing Database Device
- Sybase ASE – Create new Database & Device in Sybase ASE
- Sybase ASE – Exhausted “cpu grace time” when Loading Database Dump
- Sybase ASE – Recover a lost or Unknown “sa” password
- Sybase ASE – Kernel kistartup: could not create shared memory on Linux server
- Sybase ASE – Error while loading shared libraries: libkonavm.so: cannot open shared object file